Thursday, January 5, 2012

Art Journaling

Ahhhh, the slow pace of Christmas break.  I slept in almost every morning and made time to relax each day.  As a result, I wasn't struggling in the evening to keep my peepers open so I had time to paint and doodle in my art journal.  I am even half way through reading The Complete Watercolor Course by Richard Taylor.  If you like to dabble in watercolors then I highly recommend this book.  It is so easy to read.  I will have to buy myself a copy to keep at home after I return it to the library.

Here are some of the pages I finished.

 The Prompt:  Lighten Up
Song:  Raise Your Glass by Pink
Technique:  Confetti




One of my favorite Christmas gifts this year was my Inktense Blocks.  They are sticks of ink that you mix with water to make paint.  They can also be used dry and applied like a chalk pastel.  I found out that they are very permanent.  Once on the paper, the color can't be lifted off.  I may try painting on material with them.

Just a watercolor doodle page.  For some unknown reason, I like to doodle hearts with wings.  Hmmmm....


This is the last A Year In The Life of an Art Journal page for 2011.  It has been a fun blog to follow and I will definitely keep in up in 2012.  You can't tell in the photo but this page is painted in all pearly and silver paint.
The Prompt:  Reflections
The Song:  Live Like There's No Tomorrow by Selena Gomez
Technique:  stencils




  Painting a two color study while using contrasting colors was recommended in The Complete Watercolor Course.  I saw this beautiful grass blowing in the breeze one afternoon when I was taking Gigi to piano.  I had to try to paint them.  I wish I had been able to take a picture.  They looked like a cross between a snowflake and a feather.

0 comments: