Monday, February 15, 2010

I like snow!

Greta has to block the snow to see.



Here is our mini skating rink.


We have lived in so many different places with so many different climates. Alaska was the coldest and snowiest. Georgia was the steamiest. Oklahoma had the dry heat. Kansas was the windiest. Kentucky was slightly steamy and barely snowy.

Iowa has them all beat. It is almost the snowiest in the winter, almost the rainiest in the spring, almost the steamiest in the summer, and almost the best weather in the fall. I love it!

Right now we are enjoying all the snow. This year hasn't been as icy as the past two years with is a plus. However, my backyard has a mini ice skating rink in it. It seems to be popular with my girls. They dig through the snow like they are going to find a treasure in the ice. I wish I could come up with a way to freeze gemstones in the ice. Wouldn't that be fun!?! I'll have to think about that one.

0 comments: