Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sing Praises - mixed media painting

Creating something is a long process for me.  It doesn't matter if it is designing a new bag or a working on a painting.  Most of the work goes on in my head...

Normally I see something that inspires me and it goes from there.  I think about it, sketch, plan, plan some more, look for supplies, think about color, and then if the moon and stars are in line just right, something wonderful is created.  The funny part is that once I get started on the actual creating the painting, bag, gift etc. is usually finished in a day or two. 


Sing Praises - a gift for our piano/voice instructor



 The original sketch.



This little "thank you" painting (it is 5"x5") and has been in production (in my head) for several weeks.  I love it and I hope the girls' piano/voice instructor enjoys it also. 

0 comments: