Monday, May 14, 2012

The Perfect Bed

This is a VERY serious post...

How many of us put off decorating our bedrooms?  I am always shopping for the perfect duvet cover, curtains, accessories, etc. but it is always delayed.  Something more important comes up or there is someplace that we would rather spend our money.  We are big fans of mini-vacations.

I finally bought a new duvet cover.  For years we have had a summer weight down comforter on our bed for warmer weather... with a blanket thrown over it.  I just couldn't find something I liked until we spotted this Thomas O'Brien duvet set at... Target.  Gotta love Target.

It wasn't the perfect duvet cover but Gene and I both liked this one.  It sorta hollers "I am man!" so I wanted to liven it up and add some more color.   I started looking at throw pillows but remembered that I have feather pillows that I saved.  All they needed were new shams so Gene and I picked out the material.

I used my Mother's Day "alone time" to sew new shams.  I love them and now I have the perfect duvet cover and pillows for our bed.  Yahoo!  I am happy.  I wonder if I will go to bed at a decent time.  Probably not!

(I would show them pictured on our bed but we just got home from a mini-vacation and there are clothes all over the perfect duvet cover.) 




0 comments: