Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Retiring to a tent.


When you have moved every couple of years and have pretty much liked every place you have lived then where to retire is a big question. We retire from the Army in approximately five years and I am obsessed with how we should plan out our last two moves. Granted, the Army will probably plan it for us with no regards to our preferences but it is fun to dream.


We like it here. It is a great place to raise a family. The area is big enough that you can find anything you need but small enough to know where to find those things. Not to mention that the parks and trails are fabulous. The country is just a short drive in any direction. We also have a fabulous group of friends. But, you can't forget the winter months. I love snow... Gene, not so much. We also loved Louisville, KY. Kansas was also great. I know I don't want to go to Georgia and Oklahoma... this girl isn't built for heat. But then again, Savannah, GA is beautiful.


See our problem? We like it all. Some of our friends have strong loyalties to certain areas... not us. I actually heard this question come out of my mouth this week...


"Gigi, where would you like Dad to retire?" Yep, I'm asking our nine year old to pick.


2 comments:

Dawna said...

lol We were posed with the very same problem. "Where do we go when the Army stops telling us where to go?"

Our dream is a little piece of land that we can call our own. Somewhere where the weather is (mostly) mild. He found a place that we could buy land and pay for it online... in Missouri. I figured, "hey! why not?" So, that's where we're off to once we're done here. :-)

Dawna said...

Dropping by again, Sherry... I have an award for you. You can pick it up HERE when you're able. :-)