Sunday, January 24, 2010

How to save a stained shirt




This is how I turned a stained shirt into a new "love it" shirt.
*Cut your ribbon twice the length of the shirt.
*Sew a basting stitch down the center.
*Pull one of the threads to make it ruffle and then run a straight stitch down the middle of the ribbon to hold the ruffles in place.
*Pin your ribbon on the shirt over the stain and cut it to length. I like to melt the ends of the ribbon a bit so it doesn't fray. Leave an extra half inch at the top and bottom so you can fold it under.
*Sew on the ribbon.
I couldn't stop there. I zig zag stitched another ribbon on the top and added a bow. This didn't cost a thing - I had left over ribbon from other projects and it took less than 30 minutes.
Could an adult get away with wearing a shirt like this? I always end out with a stains right below my chin. I have an eating problem.
,

0 comments: