Friday, August 14, 2015

Roll Tide - Alabama Message Boards



Football season is almost here and I can feel the excitement in the sweet home Alabama air.  I was asked to make a few message boards similar to the Auburn message boards in my previous post.  Knowing how fanatical dedicated the Alabama fans are to their team, I made a a couple extra and I'm pretty certain they will quickly find a loving home.





These are one of my favorite mixed media paintings to create.  They have a practical purpose, they can function as a message board to hang notes/pictures or you can remove the clips and string and enjoy the painting by itself.  Painting these gives me an opportunity to try different applications and really have fun.  If I don't like what I see, I put a new coat of paint over the previous work and start again.  That's how the red board and the vintage board (my favorite) was created.  They were originally black and very busy... too busy.

I hope my Alabama fan friends enjoy these.  Roll Tide!






0 comments: