Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Cheap Labor and Reusable Sandwich Bags

I might stink as a nurse but I make an excellent task master!    I am completely taking advantage of my husband being home on convalescent leave while he recovers from surgery.  

I have been thinking about opening an ETSY store for so long.  Every time someone asks me if I have a webpage I have to sadly tell them no.  My mind is not business oriented.  I can design, sew, and paint until my fingers bleed but when I try to research how to figure out sales tax or how to get a business license all I hear is Charlie Brown's teacher. 

Luckily, I have a husband with an MBA and he is trapped at home for a month.  He is completely dependent on me to drive him places. (insert evil grin)  So, while he is enjoying his time at home, I am encouraging him to do my bidding by figuring out all the rules and regulations of having a legit business.  He claims that he will send me his bill.

While he does the dirty work I am in my sewing/art studio making reusable sandwich bags, totes, and other fun stuff (gotta respect the earth).  Here are some  samples...











0 comments: