Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Sleep Deprived and Travel Pillows




I don't know if this thought came to me because I really need a good night's sleep or because I am genius when only 1/4 of my brain is functioning.  I just finished a one hour project and came out with two travel pillows to give the girls as Christmas presents.

I tried to take a nap.  To all those lucky people who can nap, I envy you.  I can't nap.  My brain won't stop for the bit of time I need to be still.  I am exhausted.  I have a headache  And I want a milk-shake.  I am a weary mess.  (I know I can't be the only gal who likes a milkshake when she's pooped.)  I haven't been able to sleep well for several days.  Maybe it is because the girls and I are off schedule, eating junk food, and I keep getting visitors around 3 am who need to sleep with Mommy.


Anyhoo, while I was attempting to nap I had an idea to make travel pillows out of a flannel error.  By flannel error, I mean that when I bought material to make the girls' their yearly Christmas pj pants I bought enough material to make pants for a four year old.  That doesn't work if your kids are eight years old and ten years old.

Back to the pillows... I looked up travel pillow tutorials and found a ton for the "U" shaped pillows - which my girls have never liked.  Then I came across this little pillow by Maya Made.  I made mine a bit bigger but I think they are a brilliant idea (a nod to my wonderful British friend).  I love it that they have pockets and handles (which makes it easier to get a good grip when you bop your sister in the head).

0 comments: