Monday, February 21, 2011

Tea Cup Tree


Miss Effie's is a beautiful place - not only visually but also beautiful in spirit. One of my favorite things is her tea cup tree. You can see a pictures of it on her blog, Miss Effie's Diary.


I have been wanting and needing to practice more on sketching so I challenged myself to make a quick sketch and painting of the tea cup tree. So, I set the timer on the stove for one hour and took advantage of everyone being out of the house walking the pup.


I like the outcome but I absolutely must add to my watercolor collection. You can't add warm and cool shades and hope to have a vibrant pink/red like the real flowers.

1 comments:

Miss Effie said...

Ohhhhhhh....... I love you, Gene, Gigi and Greta. You have become part of our family!

And I love the art journal... very cool!!!