Sunday, August 30, 2009

Dishpan Cookies

My Mom loved these cookies. She enjoyed them so much that she always had some made... and I mean always. Anytime I would come home from school, come home for college, or come home for a visit they would be sitting in a container on the kitchen counter. I have eaten more of these cookies then I can count (and I am not just talking about last night). Now, I am getting requests from friend and family for the cookies so I thought I would share them with you.

Oh ya' - you can almost convince yourself they are healthy if you use the heart healthy oils, baking Splenda, and the corn flakes that are packed with vitamins. ;) You will need a big bowl. This recipe makes 9-12 dozen... enough to share if you feel like it.

Dishpan Cookies - Mom's Favorite
2 Cups of Sugar
2 Cups of Brown Sugar
2 Cups Vegetable Oil
4 Eggs
2 TSP Vanilla
4 Cups AP Flour
2 TSP Baking Soda
1 TSP Salt
1 1/2 Cups of Rolled Oats
4 Cups of Corn Flakes
3/4 Cups of Chopped Nuts
1 Package of Chocolate or Butterscotch Chips

Mix well sugar, oil, and eggs in a VERY large bowl. Add sifted flour and dry ingredients. Add oats, corn flakes,nuts, and chips. Mix. Drop onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 325 for 8 mintues for chewy cookies or 10 minutes for crunchy cookies.

0 comments: