Saturday, December 4, 2010

The First Snow
















What could be more perfect?!? We had our first snow on the day we were picking up our Christmas tree. Driving was a little sketchy and slow but it was also fun and exciting. I do admit that it took me a few minutes to calm myself and stop giving unsolicited advice to Gene while he was driving. I am positive he appreciated my helpful suggestions. ha ha
Our tree came from Trees for Troops. It is beautiful. I can't wait to post a picture of it when the girls are finished decorating it. I also have to mention the soldiers who volunteered to help load the trees. They where exceptionally outgoing and eager to help. They even had a stocking full of candy canes for the kids... and Gene.



Christmas and the treasured traditions we have reminds me to pray for the families who have a spouse that is deployed or has been lost. We know how tough it can be.

0 comments: