Thursday, July 16, 2009

Lovely Family Dinners

Before you call the authorities, I do not make the girls eat on the floor with the dog. We don't have a dog. This is totally a story of free will and how a five year old makes a point.

Those of you who know my sweet little Greta know that she is very fiesty. I also like to call her spirited. Some might say stubborn... I don't know where she would get that.


Anyhoo...


She and Gigi are in TROUBLE! I mean the kind of trouble that keeps you from going to softball games and gets you sent to bed immediately after dinner. I am shooting for bedtime to be 6pm tonight.


Anyhoo...


Gigi is over it and back to her cheerful self. Greta, my sweet little Greta, is not quite as accepting of her fate as her sister. She is ANGRY! She is so angry that she wouldn't sit beside me to eat dinner. In fact, sitting at the opposite end of the table was too close to me. She moved to the breakfast bar. Was that far enough away from her totally devoted Mom? You guessed it. She was still sitting too close to her loving mother. So, she moved her plate to the floor on the opposite side of the kitchen. Yes, my sweet little Greta ate her dinner while sitting on the floor while Gigi and I enjoyed a delicious dinner at the beautiful table and had a good giggle.


At least she remembered that she can't have food on the carpet. I have a picture of her during this stand off but I don't have the nerve to post it.


Anyhoo...


I wonder how it is going to go when she figures out that I am serious about her going to bed early. My glass is half full!

0 comments: