Thursday, December 19, 2013

Curtains, who needs them?

I wonder if this will be me by the end of summer?  I am thrilled that the empty lots are selling in our fabulous subdivision.  The lot beside our house and the lot behind our house have sold.  I can feel our property value increasing.
 
 
 
 
.However,  I must admit that I was a bit surprised to see this giant start to go up behind me.  The majority of houses on our street are for people with arthritic knees, just like me.  They are lovely single story homes.  There are a few two story houses mixed in, no problem.  All the houses are beautiful, just like this home will be.  It just feels odd to know that folks can look into my backyard.  However, they may be sorry for two simple reasons.  First, I don't care for blinds.  I like the sun to shine in.  As a result, I don't have curtains or blinds that cover the window.  All my curtains are for looks only.  I'm sure the neighbors have learned to look away.  Second, Gene takes the dogs out back in his skivvies late at night and early in the morning.  It makes me giggle just thinking about those poor people looking out their bedroom window in the morning, stretching, and enjoying the start of their day only to look down and BAM!  there's Gene on the back porch.  ha ha!!! I don't know, maybe he will start putting on a robe.
 


I have reminded myself that once spring arrives that I won't be able to see the house.  There is a beautiful mature tree already there and I planted apple trees in that corner.  Plus, it is a great excuse to continue to landscape - one of my favorite things to do.  Get the shovel ready Geno, I need some evergreens.

August has been guarding the yard.  He normally doesn't hang out in the yard but he is really enjoying being a guard pup.  Isn't he the cutest?  I wish I had a picture of him standing.  He is an Australian Shepherd and Basset Hound mix.  He has those adorable short turned in Basset legs.  It just makes me smile to look at him.

Lastly, I wish I had learned more in my Spanish classes.  The construction workers enjoy their day.  They are always joking and laughing... loudly.  I want to laugh with them.

0 comments: