Thursday, September 6, 2012

Back To School in 2012

We are not morning people... with that said, Gigi has to be at the bus stop by 6:30am so everyone is up before 6am.  I love the picture of her with her hard earned iPad (she saved money all summer to buy it).  It is the perfect example of her excitement, or anxiety, for the first day of school.  She got up early and got ready quick enough to have some free time before the bus came.  I bet that doesn't happen again.  ha ha
 
 

Her school is brand spankin' new.  When we went to the Meet The Teacher night they were still waiting for desks to be delivered.  The proposal of how the new Sixth Grade Center will be run is impressive.  The policies are based on the book Seven Habits of Highly Effective Students which is a branch of the Seven Habit of Highly Effective People.  The students are involved in the day to day activities.  Classes are 90 minutes long so teachers and students have time to really get their hands dirty and do interactive learning.  I have high hopes.


Let me point out one thing about Gigi in these pics... her shirt is wet.  This is the one thing that bugs me about this kid but it is also the one of the many things I love about her, she doesn't care that she got her shirt wet when she washed her face.  I suggested that she change into a dry shirt and she said "I don't care if it's wet.  It will dry."  Simply stated.




See, Greta goes to school at a decent hour.  Note that there is daylight.  ha ha  An interesting note about our family... we don't buy new back to school clothes.  I don't know why.  We've just never bought them.  I love Greta's outfit.  It was a surprise to me that she picked it for her first day of fourth grade.  Unlike Gigi, she has definite ideas about what goes together and how clothes should be worn.  We have had many arguments about Greta taking too long to get ready and me trying to convince her that her clothes don't matter as much as she thinks.  I never win.  For the first day of school she chose a pair of hand-me-down shorts and a t-shirt that is so old that the hem is coming undone in one spot.  She was going for cute comfort.


0 comments: