Friday, November 28, 2008

Holding Back Tears




The girls and I went to Festival of Trees today (there will be more pictures later). We were strolling along in the crowd admiring the many decorated trees when Gigi suddenly stopped and was visibly excited. She pointed to the tree we were standing by and to my surprise, she pointed out an ornament she had made at the YMCA during Military Kids Time Out. I wasn't prepared to see a beautiful tree dedicated to military families that was decorated with ornaments made by the children of soldiers. Then I read the wish from one little girl named Heather which was printed on the bidding sheet. The emotions where so overwhelming, it was several moments before I could speak. Take at look at the pictures and say a prayer for all the soldiers and their families who are going to be missing their families during the holidays.

0 comments: