Friday, December 17, 2010

Bookmarks & Mixed Media Fiber Art

These two are extras. I think I will have to keep one for myself.



I chose a word that best describes the person and their job at the school. I only wish I had a set of small font stamps to do the lettering. Squirmy material is difficult to write on.







Felted wool rosettes.



I have this growing obsession with mixed media art - fiber and textile art in particular. If it is a bit vintage and grungy, (is that a word?) it is for me. I pour over the Sew Somerset magazines. Their whole line of publications rock but they are a bit pricey. Hmmmm, I should ask for some for Christmas.





Back to the topic on hand... the bookmarks



I still have scraps of left over from my attempts at felting... and tons of material scraps... and tons of ribbon scraps... even some pleather scraps (I know, who has scraps of pleather sitting around? Now you know.)... odds and ends buttons... I could go on and on. So, I made bookmarks to give as Christmas gifts to the "extra teachers" at school.



My next project is a handmade sewn journal. I am still working out the kinks and trying to find all recycled material. I have to hurry on this one because the journal/day planner I use now is filled to the brim. I started writing in the margins yesterday.




Oh ya', I threw in a picture of the felted rosettes I made. I don't love-love them but they are much cuter on something.

0 comments: